Emerald Packaging is an industry leader in flexible packaging with over 250 employees at our Union City, CA facility. We aggressively reinvest profits back into the company, and have recently completed the largest expansion in our 53-year history. We believe that this commitment to innovation, employees, and infrastructure is foundational to remaining a leader in the flexible packaging industry in the decades to come.
Our company has been family owned and operated since 1963 and operates with the belief that our employees are unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences are a large part of our ongoing success.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, educational assistance, and service awards.
Join us and become part of the extended Emerald family.
Drive a sales and operations planning process collaborating with Sales, Planning, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, and Customer Service balancing operational excellence and innovations. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
• Organize weekly and monthly sales and operations plan for select business unit(s) working cross-functionally orchestrating:
- Supply-demand balancing, constraints, allocations, and forecasting
- Inventory – fill rate and weeks of supply
- On-time to request / original commit / current commit; Lead time attainment
• Use analytic tools to forecast company production and resulting raw material needs
• Lead teams to discover ways to reduce inventory levels, including finished goods inventory. Work with operations manager to improve cost of quality.
• Manage the Food Safety Team and organize its work
• Ensure that the Food Safety Management System is established, implemented, maintained and updated
• Bachelor’s degree a must; At least 3 to 5 years in a factory operating environment
• Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Ability to produce reports and extract trends from them
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) and ability to create and deliver executive level presentations on complex business and supply chain topics
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
• Annual cost of living increases
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume (Word document), and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Purchasing & Food Safety Manager in your subject line.
Emerald Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State, or local law or ordinance.