Emerald Packaging is an industry leader in flexible packaging with over 250 employees at our Union City, CA facility. We aggressively reinvest profits back into the company, and have recently completed the largest expansion in our 53-year history. We believe that this commitment to innovation, employees, and infrastructure is foundational to remaining a leader in the flexible packaging industry in the decades to come.
Our company has been family owned and operated since 1963 and operates with the belief that our employees are unique individuals whose varied talents and experiences are a large part of our ongoing success.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance programs, educational assistance, and service awards.
Join us and become part of the extended Emerald family.
Under the supervision of the Press Manager, the Press Operator must set up, operate, maintain, repair and adjust presses, assist in training, check quality, work closely with the maintenance, mounting and ink departments, and make sure coworkers follow safe work practices.
• Operate a press. This includes set ups, running jobs, monitoring inks, maintenance and repair, and supervising the work of a helper. Run at best possible speed. Minimize waste. Troubleshoot when needed.
• Check print quality throughout the shift.
Follow the job schedule. Where there are any questions about the schedule, Direct them to your immediate section leader.
• Fill out production reports and any other necessary reports.
• Assist in the training of department personnel.
• Make sure your press is turned over to the next shift clean and well stocked.
• Previous work experience on a flexographic press preferred.
• Knowledge of math and measurements.
• Ability to work well with others.
If you feel you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume (Word document), and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Press Operator in your subject line.
Emerald Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State, or local law or ordinance.